Perlcast talked with brian d foy about the latest issue of The Perl Reivew.
Finally, Perlcast 15 was released last night. Between attending YAPC::NA last week, preparing to move, visiting sick, newborn, and long-gone relatives, and the 4th of July holiday, time has not been on my side… Still, this weeks Perlcast seems to be a good one. Along with the normal Perl news, there is also an interview with José Castro (cog) about the upcoming YAPC::EU and a talk by Dave Rolsky about DateTime.
- Sun Solaris Perl Modules Two Vulnerabilities
- Upgrading Perl (from OnLAMP)
- Data Munging with Sprog
- Annotating CPAN
- Maypole Wins Linux Journal Editor’s Choice Award
- YAPC::NA::2005 Conference Proceedings
- Chip Salzenberg Sued, Home Raided
- Google Summer of Code Projects Announced
Perlcast 14 is now available. This week features an interview with Mark Jason Dominus, the author of Higher-Order Perl.
Be sure to vote on contest 2 entries. The taglines are in the sidebar.
- Enginsite Perl IDE Beta Testing
- LAMP Article
- Race condition in the rmtree
- Format string vulnerability in the log function in Net::Server
- Sams Teach Yourself Perl in 24 Hours, 3rd Edition Sample Chapter
- Understanding and Using Iterators
Perlcast 13 is out. This is a short one, pretty much just covering the news and one Phalanx module.
- Independently Parsing Perl
- 3 weeks until YAPC North America
- YAPC::EU Schedule
- ActivePerl Launched on Mac OS X
- Perl Certification
- Teaching Parrot to Say “PHP”
- Playboy spreads open source software
Perlcast 12 has been released. This is an exciting episode! There is an interview with David Wheeler of Bricolage. There is a module talk by Kees Cook. And finally, there is the first of our contests for copies of Advanced Perl Programming, Second Edition.
- Catalyst Introduction and Tutorial
- Big Nerd Ranch Announces Perl Bootcamp with Andy Lester October 3-7, 2005
- LogicBoxes Introduces Perl API Kit for OrderBox
- Build a Perl/CGI voting system
- Google Summer of Code
- Bricolage ideas for the Google Summer of Code
- The Perl Foundation ideas for the Google Summer of Code
- Perl 5.8.7
- YAPC::NA… get those lightening talks ready
This weeks interview with David Wheeler, the president of Kineticode and lead developer of Bricolage project. Quite a few linkable items were mentioned in the interview… the one that I’m putting here is for Krang, the CMS system that David said was similar to Bricolage.
The first O’Reilly give-away starts today… the broken code for the contest should be posted shortly.